Leader – Shows and Events
Role type – Temporary – Part Time Various hours
Chilly Cow Ice Cream is a family run business supported by a small but committed team. We are in the process of significantly increasing our production capacity and need extra help to spread the love of Chilly Cow across a calendar of events during 2022.
The ideal person will be expected to attend all shows and events for the summer of 2022 and be able to work flexible hours to suit the needs of the business and weekend availability is essential! 2022 sees us expanding our production operation and therefore opportunities for future career progression within the business are available.
We are looking for an enthusiastic leader who can deliver on deadlines, work well as part of a team, and perform successfully under pressure whilst ensuing maximising the customer experience.
Location – Various Locations – with base at Chilly Cow HQ
Salary = £9.50-£11 per hour dependent on experience
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure preparation is complete in all aspects for weekly shows and events, including stock check, orders, rotas, and cleaning
- Maintain high levels of hygiene within kiosk
- Keep up to date records of Service and cleaning
- Be first person of contact at events and be confident in liaising with event organisers
- Promote, discuss, and sell chilly cow to the public
- Actively seek new events for the calendar
- Have had some experience in a leading role
- Proven skills in sales and marketing
- The post holder must have knowledge of general catering duties, food hygiene and health and Safety.
- Experience in basic preparation of food and cleaning is essential.
It is essential that the post holder has good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks and work within a deadline and under pressure
- IT skills essential in Excel, Word, Publisher, Adobe and all social media platforms
- Ability to Drive essential with access to own car
- Excellent Organisation skills essential
- Ability to easily build rapport with customers
- Ability to speak Welsh is desirable but not essential
- Confident in making business decisions in place of management and using own initiative
- Good attention to detail in all aspects
- Desire to help a business to grow
We are a happy hard-working team and are very supportive of each other, especially at super busy times. The right person for the team would ideally include some if not all the following traits…
Positive, creative, enthusiastic, hard worker, open and honest, understands rural life, good language and written skills, great communication, gets involved, likes to lend a hand, flexible, team player, supportive, calm under pressure, keen to learn more.
The list could be endless, but we think this is a great starting point, we are always happy to help develop skills along the way too so don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes…
- Unlimited ice cream
- Competitive Pay
The main work base is Chilly Cow HQ where preparations will be made for each event and show but you will visit various locations across North Wales at weekends
Whist You will receive the statutory allowance of 5.6 weeks holiday (pro rata) any bank holidays that fall on your normal workday will be included in holiday allowance. We cannot authorise any holidays during the events calendar and so you will be paid for all holidays accrued
Opportunities for Development
We think it’s important to invest in the development of our team and so we are happy to look at opportunities to develop skills or academic knowledge along the way.
Our first event falls in April 2022 and so the right candidate will be brought on board prior to this for training.
Head to the link below to register your interest and upload your CV